Dates are very healthy and a nutritious Dry fruit, especially for Kids. Feeding your kids a small quantity of dates daily will definitely improve their health. The health benefits of dates includes relief from constipation, intestinal disorders, heart problems, anemia, diarrhea and many other conditions. It also helps in gaining weight.
Let’s try a homemade Date syrup recipe, your kids will love it, you can feed them the syrup with spreading it over bread, baked items, pancakes, dosa, rotis etc or use it as a sweetener for milk or any other suitable way.
1. Wash and soak dates in hot water for at least 2 hours
2. Mash the dates well
3. Filter and extract the water using a cheesecloth
4. Add this pulp back to the bowl, add little more water, squeeze up and filter again
5. Bring this water to a boil in a heavy bottom pan
6. Boil till you see thick consistency of honey..
7. Your date syrup is ready
Use preservative free dates always, the fresh dates will be available at spicesfarm.com