Semiya / Vermicelli Biriyani is a great one pot meal recipe for breakfast as well as lunch. You can pack this meal for your kids. They will really love it. It can be a good change to boring usual lunch menu. You may have made upma with vermicelli but this is something different from that. Unlike rice it's a very light meal which is very healthy and nutritious with a medley of veggies. Try out this easy and delicious Vermicelli Biriyani Recipe for your lunch box or as a quick snack for those chill evenings.
1. 250 grams Vermicelli ,Roasted
2. 1 Carrot , finely chopped
3. Green beans (French Beans) , finely chopped
4. 1 Green Bell Pepper (Capsicum) , diced
5. 1 Onion , finely sliced
6. 1 cup Green peas (Matar)
7. 1/2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
8. 1/2 teaspoon Coriander Powder
9. 1/2 teaspoon Biryani Masala
10. 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Haldi)
11. 1 teaspoon Cumin seeds
12. Cooking oil , as needed
Directions for Vermicelli Biryani Recipe
1. To begin the preparation of Vermicelli Biryani, first heat half a teaspoon of oil in a pan and add the ingredients to grind one after the other and slowly saute them on low flame until the raw smell goes. Cool and grind to a smooth paste. Keep Aside.
2. In a pan, heat oil, add jeera, once it starts spluttering, add onions, saute till they're translucent. Add the carrot, capsicum, beans and peas, slowly saute them till they're slightly tender. Now add turmeric, garam masala, dhaniya powder, biryani masala and stir until they are mixed well.
3. Add the ground paste, salt and fry for 2-3 minutes. Add 1 cup of water, and let it come to a boil. Now add the roasted vermicelli and mix them all together. Cook it covered for about 5-7 minutes until the vermicelli has cooked.
4. Sprinkle some coriander leaves and enjoy the Vermicelli Biryani while it is hot.